Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
What is Family Giving?
The Family Partnership Campaign is a key component of Girl Scouts of Western Ohio’s Annual Giving fundraising campaign. Because of this campaign, Girl Scouts is very affordable to every girl who wishes to be a Girl Scout. Families contribute voluntary financial support when they can, during each Girl Scout membership year.
Family Giving includes financial assistance for girls to participate in Girl Scouting, council sponsored events, outdoor and camping opportunities, as well as volunteer recruitment, training and enrichment. It costs between $300–$400 per year to provide Girl Scouting to one girl. This amount includes financial support from parents and troops—which shows how important your support of Family Giving really is!
How is my contribution used?
100% of all contributions support the girls and adults in Girl Scouts of Western Ohio.
Your contribution helps provide the funding necessary for council services such as:
- Girl Scout program activities and adult leadership opportunities are subsidized by 50%.
- Girl and adult Council and GSUSA recognitions.
- Resident camp, day camps, and troop camping.
- Financial assistance to girls and troops in need
- Training of volunteers, including specialized training for issues such as behavior management and conflict resolution
- Volunteer screening/background checks
- Communication resources including newsletters, the council website, service unit web pages, and the summer opportunities brochure
- Maintenance of camp properties and regional Girl Scout Centers
- Adult training including Orientation to the Organization, Grade-Level training, CPR/First Aid, and Basic Camping Certification.
- Free program and resource materials such as the Volunteer Resource Guide, Program Opportunities for Girls and Adults, and Safety-Wise.
- Membership subsidies for girls and adults.
- Parent’s Guide to Girl Scouting resource annually for each parent/guardian.
- Service unit allocations and postage costs.
What if I do not have much to give?
No gift is too small! Even $1 can bring us closer to our goals!
Some companies offer matching gift donations for their associates. Please inquire at your place of employment.
How can I contribute?
Registration form: You can write one check for registration and donation.
Direct Donation: - use the envelop provided by the troop leader
go to www.girlscoutsofwesternohio.org, click on "Donate", then click "Donate Now:"
Under additional information, please type "Family Partnership, Valley Ridge 469 Service Unit, Troop #___"
»go to Make a Contribution.
»Select Contribute Today.
»Go to Contribution Information, and then in the drop down menu, you will see Family Partnership.
»Select Family Partnership here.
»Enter the amount you are donating.
»Go to Addition Information Comments Box, and PLEASE fill in our Service Unit information,
which is Valley Ridge 469 Service Unit, Troop #
Valley Ridge Service Unit 469
VALLEY RIDGE SERVICE UNIT GOAL
>to have $3.00 donation collected for every girl in our service unit.
>2011 – with 450 girl scouts in our service unit, only 150 +/- donated to this campaign.
2012 Goal to reach by December 15, 2012
*as of 6/30/2012